Comments on the Weekly Intermodal Rate Charts:
Domestic intermodal spot rates are:
- Up 1.9% from last week.
- Down 0.4% from 90 days ago.
- Up 22.9% from prior year.
Domestic intermodal rates moved up for the 4th consecutive week, with the intermodal major markets driving the increase. The less traveled lanes remained relatively flat.
In contrast to last year's consistency over the month of January, the spot rates this year have been volatile as the market is trying to establish "new normal" pricing.
Diesel Fuel Comments:t
The EIA reported average diesel fuel price of $3.070 per gallon this week, which is a $0.045 increase from the prior week.
The price per gallon is up $0.508 or 19.8% higher from the same period last year.
Oil decreased this week with WTI and Brent closing the week at $65.06 and $68.22, respectively.
The most recent projection by the EIA for diesel and oil prices were published on November 7. In the report, diesel is projected to average $2.83 in calendar year 2018.
The full spreadsheet of the historical weekly price moves of diesel full can be found at https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/.
Graphs listed below include:
- 53' Domestic Intermodal Price Index & Diesel Fuel Prices
- Price Changes in 53' Domestic Intermodal Pricing & Diesel - 1/1/2013 Baseline
- Rolling 52 Year-over-Year Comparison - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
- Rolling 52 Year-over-Year % Change - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
Follow InTek Freight & Logistics:
Proud Members of:
Other Recognition and Certifications: