Domestic Intermodal Spot Rates Finally Backed off Record Highs
Comments on the Weekly Intermodal Rate Charts:
Domestic intermodal spot rates are:
- Down 6.6% from last week.
- Up 1.2% from 90 days ago.
- Up 12.9% from prior year.
Domestic intermodal rates made a big turn this week dropping to rates not seen since the first half of October of this year.
The driver of the change came from Northern and Southern California outbound lanes, which dropped an average of 14.2%.
The remaining lanes in the InTek domestic intermodal index held fairly steady from the prior week.
Diesel Fuel Comments:
The EIA reported average diesel fuel price of $2.901 per gallon this week, which is a $0.009 decrease from the prior week.
The price per gallon is up $0.374 or 14.8% higher from the same period last year.
Oil is trading slightly higher this week. WTI and Brent closed today at $58.08 and $64.54, respectively.
The most recent projection by the EIA for diesel and oil prices were published on November 7. In the report, diesel is projected to average $2.83 in calendar year 2018.
The full spreadsheet of the historical weekly price moves of diesel full can be found at https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/.
Graphs listed below include:
- 53' Domestic Intermodal Price Index & Diesel Fuel Prices
- Price Changes in 53' Domestic Intermodal Pricing & Diesel - 1/1/2013 Baseline
- Rolling 52 Year-over-Year Comparison - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
- Rolling 52 Year-over-Year % Change - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
- Rolling Quarter-over-Quarter Comparison - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
Follow InTek Freight & Logistics:
Proud Members of:
Other Recognition and Certifications: