Comments on the Weekly Intermodal Rate Charts:
Domestic intermodal spot rates are:
- Up 0.2% from last week.
- Down 7.0% from 90 days ago.
- Up 21.1% from prior year.
Domestic intermodal spot rate index held relatively steady this week. Many of the key outbound Dallas lanes experienced low teen increases.
As the charts indicate below, the domestic intermodal spot rates remain in flux and at their highest levels since the 4th quarter 2014 peak season.
Diesel Fuel Comments:
The EIA reported average diesel fuel price of $3.063 per gallon this week, which is a $0.023 decrease from the prior week.
The price per gallon is up $0.498 or 19.4% higher from the same period last year.
Oil pushed above $60 a barrel for the fist time in two weeks. WTI and Brent are trading this morning in the range of $61.10 and $64.30, respectively. This is roughly $2.00 ahead of last week's prices.
The most recent projection by the EIA for diesel and oil prices were published on February 6, 2018. In the report, diesel is projected to average $2.91 in calendar year 2018, which is an increase over the $2.83 projection issued in November 2017.
The full spreadsheet of the historical weekly price moves of diesel full can be found at https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/.
Graphs listed below include:
- 53' Domestic Intermodal Price Index & Diesel Fuel Prices
- Price Changes in 53' Domestic Intermodal Pricing & Diesel - 1/1/2013 Baseline
- Rolling 52 Year-over-Year Comparison - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
- Rolling 52 Year-over-Year % Change - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
Follow InTek Freight & Logistics:
Proud Members of:
Other Recognition and Certifications: