Domestic Intermodal Spot Rates Hold Steady
Comments on the Weekly Intermodal Rate Charts:
Domestic intermodal spot rates are:
- Flat from last week.
- Up 16.9% from 90 days ago.
- Up 18.3% from prior year.
Domestic intermodal spot rates held flat against prior year. Capacity is still tight, so not expecting much change through the remainder of November with the national truckload spot rate reported by DAT remains above $2.00.
Diesel Fuel Comments:
The EIA reported average diesel fuel price of $2.882 per gallon this week, which is a $0.063 increase from the prior week. The price per gallon is up $0.412 or 16.7% higher from the same period last year.
Oil remains above $50 a barrel with WTI and Brent trading today at $57.15 and $63.85, respectively.
The most recent projection by the EIA for diesel and oil prices were published on November 7. In the report, diesel is projected to average $2.83 in calendar year 2018. WTI and Brent are expected to average $51.04 and $55.61a barrel in 2018, respectively.
The full spreadsheet of the historical weekly price moves of diesel full can be found at https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/.
Graphs listed below include:
- 53' Domestic Intermodal Price Index & Diesel Fuel Prices
- Price Changes in 53' Domestic Intermodal Pricing & Diesel - 1/1/2013 Baseline
- Rolling 52 Year-over-Year Comparison - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
- Rolling 52 Year-over-Year % Change - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
- Rolling Quarter-over-Quarter Comparison - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
Follow InTek Freight & Logistics:
Proud Members of:
Other Recognition and Certifications: