Comments on the Weekly Intermodal Rate Charts:
Domestic intermodal spot rates are:
- Up 0.2% from last week.
- Up 1.8% from 90 days ago.
- Up 11.8% from prior year.
Domestic intermodal rates remained relatively unchanged from last week.
Capacity is loosening, but we are still not out of the woods. Between the frigid weather and tightness in the truckload market pushing shippers to look to domestic intermodal alternatives, we can expect rates to remain at historical highs.
Diesel Fuel Comments:
The EIA reported average diesel fuel price of $2.973 per gallon this week, which is a $0.070 increase from the prior week.
The price per gallon is up $0.387 or 15.0% higher from the same period last year.
Oil pushed higher this week. WTI and Brent closed at $61.55 and $67.69, respectively.
The most recent projection by the EIA for diesel and oil prices were published on November 7. In the report, diesel is projected to average $2.83 in calendar year 2018.
The full spreadsheet of the historical weekly price moves of diesel full can be found at https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/.
Graphs listed below include:
- 53' Domestic Intermodal Price Index & Diesel Fuel Prices
- Price Changes in 53' Domestic Intermodal Pricing & Diesel - 1/1/2013 Baseline
- Rolling 52 Year-over-Year Comparison - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
- Rolling 52 Year-over-Year % Change - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
- Rolling Quarter-over-Quarter Comparison - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
Follow InTek Freight & Logistics:
Proud Members of:
Other Recognition and Certifications: