Domestic Intermodal Spot Rates Up Double Digits from Prior Year
Comments on the Weekly Intermodal Rate Charts:
Domestic intermodal spot rates are:
- Down 0.4% from last week.
- Up 4.1% from 90 days ago.
- Up 13.6% from prior year.
Domestic intermodal rates remained relatively unchanged from last week after making a turn down from three year highs last week. In contrast to 53' domestic intermodal backing off peak season spot rates these past two weeks, truckload sport rates continue to hold to three year highs. The DAT Trendline reported the combination of the ELD regulation coming online; month end, quarter end and year end revenue push; and truckers taking off time for the Holidays elevated the ratio for vans to an all time record of 10:1 loads to truck.
Diesel Fuel Comments:
The EIA reported average diesel fuel price of $2.903 per gallon this week, which is a $0.002 increase from the prior week.
The price per gallon is up $0.363 or 14.3% higher from the same period last year.
Oil is trading higher this week moving past $60 a barrel today. WTI and Brent are trading in the range of $60.05 and $66.35, respectively.
The most recent projection by the EIA for diesel and oil prices were published on November 7. In the report, diesel is projected to average $2.83 in calendar year 2018.
The full spreadsheet of the historical weekly price moves of diesel full can be found at https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/.
Graphs listed below include:
- 53' Domestic Intermodal Price Index & Diesel Fuel Prices
- Price Changes in 53' Domestic Intermodal Pricing & Diesel - 1/1/2013 Baseline
- Rolling 52 Year-over-Year Comparison - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
- Rolling 52 Year-over-Year % Change - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
- Rolling Quarter-over-Quarter Comparison - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
Follow InTek Freight & Logistics:
Proud Members of:
Other Recognition and Certifications: