Comments on the Weekly Intermodal Rate Charts:
Domestic intermodal spot rates are:
- Up 1.2% from last week.
- Up 14.4% from 90 days ago.
- Up 16.5% from prior year.
Diesel Fuel Comments:
The EIA reported average diesel fuel price of $2.802 per gallon this week, which is a $0.044 increase from the prior week. The price per gallon is up $0.403 or 16.8% higher from the same period last year.
WTI is relatively stable this week with WTI and Brent are trading at $48.25 and $54.20, respectively. Harvey and Irma spiking crude and the refined products on the short term basis, while OPEC announce production numbers this week that shows the group was successful in cutting back production in August for the first time since March. The reality of the situation is supply is far outpacing demand and wherever the cuts come there continues to be another producing nation that fills the gap. In other words, oil continues to be a battle ground topic.
The full spreadsheet of the historical weekly price moves of diesel full can be found at https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/.
Graphs listed below include:
- 53' Domestic Intermodal Price Index & Diesel Fuel Prices
- Price Changes in 53' Domestic Intermodal Pricing & Diesel - 1/1/2013 Baseline
- Rolling 52 Year-over-Year Comparison - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
- Rolling 52 Year-over-Year % Change - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
- Rolling Quarter-over-Quarter Comparison - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
Follow InTek Freight & Logistics:
Proud Members of:
Other Recognition and Certifications: