Comments on the Weekly Intermodal Rate Charts:
Domestic intermodal spot rates are:
- Down 2.3% from last week.
- Up 3.9% from 90 days ago.
- Up 5.2% from prior year.
Capacity continues to remain fairly well balanced across the network.
The charts and capacity point to flat to slightly lower rates over the course of July.
Diesel Fuel Comments:
The EIA reported average diesel fuel price of $2.481 per gallon this week, which is an increase from the prior week. The price per gallon is up $0.009 a gallon from the prior week and $0.070 or 2.8% higher from the same period last year.
Oil prices found some relief this week with WTI and Brent crude trading at $45.46 and $47.73, respectively. The story continues to be around supply outpacing the demand. OPEC appears to be set to continue holding onto production cuts, while the US drillers continue to put more wells online, as seen in the weekly Baker Hughes rig count chart. All-in, oil is a battle ground topic that appears to not be lessening any time soon.
The full spreadsheet of the historical weekly price moves of diesel full can be found at https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/.
Graphs listed below include:
- 53' Domestic Intermodal Price Index & Diesel Fuel Prices
- Price Changes in 53' Domestic Intermodal Pricing & Diesel - 1/1/2013 Baseline
- Rolling 52 Year-over-Year Comparison - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
- Rolling 52 Year-over-Year % Change - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
- Rolling Quarter-over-Quarter Comparison - 53' Domestic Intermodal and Diesel Fuel Prices
Comments are always welcome and for more information, please do not hesitate to look us up at www.intekfreight-logistics.com
Follow InTek Freight & Logistics: